When we decided to come to Perth, all of two weeks ago, we planned a relaxing beach break. Lots of sun, sand, and… what is that other S word that IrishDev mentioned? I can’t remember, maybe I wasn’t listening to him, or I just ignored him.
We love the beaches here. They’re big enough for some alone time. My introverts need their alone time, but I’m sure they use it to think about me! Time to reflect on how he can be even nicer to his fantastic wife?
And time for him to think about being extra helpful to his wonderful mother?
What ya thinking, my little introvert?
“Nothing much, but it sure as heck wasn’t about you, Mum!”
These little guys haven’t an ounce of introvert in them. Loud, social, and energized by each other. My three extrovert Musketeers, “All for one, and one for all!”
Anyway, that WAS the plan, but after arriving, having some time relaxing on the beach, we are getting itchy feet, and a need to do something!! It is, in fact, our duty as tourists to sightsee. Here’s a list of the things that strike us as interesting to do in Perth.
- Penguin Island. I did see this before we booked our trip, and it’s the one thing I have to do. Seeing penguins, dolphins, and sea lions in their natural habit is my kind of thing.
- Aviation Heritage Museum
- Western Australian Maritime Museum Home to the winning America’s Cup yacht, Australia II.
- Scitech: An educational science centre.
- The Perth Mint. As I mentioned in my interesting facts about Perth, this is mint is one of the oldest mints in the world still operating from its original premises.
- Kings Park.
- Fremantle Roundhouse is the oldest public building in the State of Western Australia.
- Shipwreck Galleries is a maritime archaeology museum, which house hundreds of relics from ships wrecked along WA’s treacherous coastline.
- Fremantle Cruises. A Swan River cruise between Perth and the Port of Fremantle.
So, we are voting on what to see, and my vote is for Penguin Island, but the boys have all voted against me, “Boring” they said. Luckily I get a veto vote, oh the injustice.